Frequently Asked Questions
What are the basic tips for burning Tyler Candle Company candles?
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Please remember that a lit candle is fire, and keep out of reach of children and pets.
1. Place your candle on a heat-resistant surface.
2. Make sure that you trim the candle’s wicks to ¼” each and every time before you light your candle.
3. Always burn your candle in a draft-free area. Any draft of wind (ceiling fans, A/C vents, windows, etc.) will make the candle flame flicker and smoke.
4. When you are trimming your candle wicks, be sure to remove all wick trimmings and debris.
5. Always burn votives in an appropriate votive holder.
6. Ensure that there is enough air space around your candle. Do not burn under a shelf, as this will inhibit the amount of oxygen that is getting to the wick of the candle and can cause the candle to not burn properly.
7. Discontinue use of the candle when ½” of wax remains. Burning past this point can present a fire hazard and cause the glass to break.
Is it safe to burn the candle until all the wax has been used?
No, you should not burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or ½ inch if in a container.
Is it safe to use the Glamorous Wash in High Effiency or HE washing machines?
Yes, the Glamorous is Safe for use in HE washing Machines.
Why can't you find the fragrance "bougie parfumée"?
After burning my candle my wick has a mushroom-type head on it. What is this?
This is a “fragrance mushroom”, which is found on high quality, high performance, fragranced candles. This must be removed before relighting the candle by trimming the wick to ¼” and by removing any of the mushroom head and debris. Please remember to allow the candle to completely harden & cool before attempting to trim the wick.
My candle has been burning for several hours and I can see smoke coming from the wick. What should I do?
This means that the candle has been burning too long. You should extinguish the candle, allow it to cool, and trim the wick to ¼”. The wick needing to be trimmed usually causes smoking from a wick. This is also the case if you just lit a candle and see it smoking or “popping”. If your wick is already trimmed to ¼”, check to make sure that your candle is not being burned in a draft. Many different things can cause this. A/C vents, ceiling fans, windows and even doorways can create a draft, and can cause your candle to not burn properly.
What is the appropriate length of time to burn my candle?
- Votives – 1½ to 2 hours
- 3.4 oz Prestige Candle – 20 to 25 hours
- 11 oz Prestige Candle – 50 to 60 hours
- 22 oz Prestige Candle – 110 to 130 hours
- Stature Jar Candle – 2 to 3 hours
My candle is leaving a lot of wax on the sides of the container as I burn it. Is this normal?
This is commonly called “tunneling”, and is caused when on the first burn of the candle it is extinguished before a full melt pool is achieved. To get a full melt pool on any candle, it should be burned for a minimum of one hour for every inch the candle is in diameter. Most waxes have a “memory”, and if a candle is extinguished before a full melt pool is achieved on the first burn, the subsequent melt pools will not go past this first burn ring.
Do Tyler Candle Comapny wicks contain lead?
No. Tyler Candle Company candle wicks are lead free!! Tyler Candle Company’s wicks are manufactured in the United States, and only pure zinc core cotton wicks are used for safe high quality performance!
What are the different scents of tyler glam wash?
The Glamorous Wash is available in these Fragrances: Diva®, Entitled®, Eucalyptus™, Fleur De Lis®, French Market®, High Maintenance®, Icon®, Kathina®, Limelight™, Mango Tango®, and Tyler®.
What ingredients make up the Tyler Glamorous Wash? (Glamorous Wash Ingredients?)
For the ingredients list you must contact Tyler Candle Company(Manufacturer of Glamorous Wash).You can Email them for the information: CS@tylercandles.com